• question-icon

Suggest treatment for cold, throat pain, fever and body aches

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Dear Doctor,

I am suffering from Cold throat problem mild fever and body ache from several days. Is this an infection or viral fever. Kindly suggest.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
need further evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

Though viral infection hardly lasts longer than few days, however there is nothing in your complaints or the blood reports to suggest this is a bacterial infection. That being said, I will encourage you to visit an ENT surgeon for careful clinical examination. Your throat should be examined thoroughly to rule out signs of bacterial infection and or chronic throat infection.

In the mean while, may I know what treatment have you tried yet?

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 30 minutes later
Hi
I just had few medicines like paracetamol and cold relief tablet with guidance of physician. Now cold is in control but body ache is still there. I think my WBCs are slightly higher than normal. Why it is so?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Review symptoms...

Detailed Answer:

Apologies for late reply.

The current description of symptoms is different from the ones you reported early. If indeed the symptom is only body ache, this is not uncommon. In some viral infection following an acute infection episode, body aches and weakness persists for few days to week. They gradually resolve spontaneously with improved nutrition and adequate rest.

WBC count under 11000 cells / cumm is still normal. However if you persist to have fever along with body aches and cold, this could be persistence of infection or recurrence of new infection. They should be evaluated further as instructed earlier.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Thanks doctor
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome...

Detailed Answer:
I hope all your queries are addressed. If you have no more questions, please close this discussion and review.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad