Suggest treatment for cold sores
Do not worry. It is almost over. Should be ok soon.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Cold sores are generally caused by herpes virus. Unless antivirals like acyclovir are given very early, they do not have much role to play but nevertheless can reduce the duration of the ailment. After blister formation comes the crusting which is the last stage. So, if you have already reached the cracking and bleeding stage, it is almost over and everything should be fine in a couple of days. Please bear patience. Since it is already practically over, no intervention will hasten the process. Application of calamine lotion topically will provide relief and would reduce the agony of cracking and bleeding.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes shots available to treat knee pain post injury?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone
- Suggest remedy for anger when recovering from sepsis
- Suggest remedy to maintain hair growth and nail growth
- Suggest treatment for headache, stomach pain and black floating stool
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and allergy
- Suggest treatment for chest congestion
- What causes pain in the right side arm after removal of cancerous lung?
- Suggest treatment for strep, pseudomonas aeruginosa and growth of anaerobes
- Suggest treatment for rashes on face