• question-icon

Suggest treatment for cold, sore throat and swollen lymph glands

Posted on Fri, 13 Mar 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: i did a blow job on man 3 month ago with out swallowing male fluids in my mouth, i did the blow job for less than 5 or 5 min or more may be does not go to full 10 min, after wards he master bated and he cummed, the male fluid did not contain any blood on it. and i don't know if the amount of time that i spend on doing the blow job would let him precum in my mouth. and i don't know if i have any cuts in my mouth because usually i bite my mouth and my inner mouth (cheeks) my concerns here is HIV, i know saliva kills HIV, im worried because im down with cold and sore throat with out fever or any swollen lymph gland and today i have a muscle ache in my left upper arm is that an HIV symptoms , because my doctor checked it behind my ears and neck, am i infected with HIV? do i need to get tested? or im just worrying my self in here for no reason. i read that there is possibility but is low to get infected with hiv.i need some one with hiv speciality to answer me please
the muscle ache that im having its not painful but its bothering me but the in the past few days ive been carrying heavy stuff but it did not hurt till now thats why im worried i dont remember hitting it or pumping it to something
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seasonal flu likely. HIV very very rare chance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.

According to your complaints, it suggests you probably have seasonal flu. It is caused by rhinovirus, influenza virus, para influenza virus, Respiratory syncytial virus, etc.

Do you have fever, diarrhoea, vomiting?

Most of such infections are self limiting and resolve in a week time. Just take antihistamines like cetrizine, gargle for 1 min 6-8 times using chlorhexidine or saline water. You can take acetaminophen for relief of body ache.

If symptoms persists beyond a week then get blood culture and throat swab examination done for gram staining microscopy and culture sensitivity test for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria to rule group b strep infection which require prescription of antibiotics. Take rest and multimineral and multivitamins supplements.

Now coming to your fear of HIV you must know HIV has incubation period of 3-4 weeks but sometimes it can be longer. But in your case 3 months have already passed so less likely. The chances of HIV by heterosexual route is 1% from infected partner but in your case as it was oral exposure it has least chances of HIV transmission. The patients complain of ulcers and have lymphadenopathy. In your case there are no such complaints.

So in your cases there is a very rare chance if any. But I suggest you to take HIV ELISA 4 th generation test to be absolutely sure. As for now relax and take test and treatment as advised. Practice hand hygiene and avoid direct contact with family members till symptoms subside. Keep your surroundings clean.

I hope I answered your query.
Stay in touch for follow-up.
If no clarifications then you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
Infectious diseases Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist