Suggest treatment for cold, sneezing, cough and nasal bleeding

Question
Ive had a cold with some sneezing and coughing, but I have had 4 nose bleeds in the last 24 hrs. What would be causing this to happen?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks foe asking I understand your concern,
Nose bleedings could be due to-
- Exposure to dry or heated air/ after viral or colds when nasal ... crusts are formed, scratched or picked to injure nasal mucus membrane. Frequent & forceful nasal blowing can cause such bleeds.Such incidences are more common after cold & cough as nasal mucus membrane gets sore & affected easily/ Anti allergic medication ( nasal sorays. oral medication ) use aggravates such bleed. Can be prevented by use od normal saline nasal spray like Nasivion - over the counter along the medicines for cold.
I feel that answers your query. Any more information you want, I would like to help. Please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks.