Suggest treatment for cold, sneezing and fever

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: In last three weeks - I am having cold, sneezing & feverish and headache for 2 times.
This is according to me, nor normal, as I normally dont get cold fever concurrently.

Please clarify me, if it is normal in my case to have fever twice in 3 weeks ?
Or should I do additional checks to verify the root cause for repeated fever ?

My XXXXXXX number: +0000 can be contacted for any clarfications.

Many thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue same medication.

Detailed Answer:

Symptoms you described are cold,sneezing ,fever and headache and according to the reports attached there is chest left upper lobe crepitations mostly suggestive of Respiratory tract infection.

CVS S1 S2+ indicates you have normal first and second heart sounds. Need not worry about this.

You have not taken any medication from 3 weeks,hence you are getting fever repeatedly.
Yesterday you have started taking medications:
TAB Augumentin 625 mg 1-1-1 x 3 days
TAB Aceniz MR - 1-1
TAB Rantac 150 mg - 1-1
Its the right treatment.

If I were your treating doctor I would suggest you to continue these medication for 3 days.
Additionally I also suggest you
1. Steam inhalation for 10 minutes 3 times a day. It will helpful for your cold ,sneezing.
2. Nasal decongestants Rhinoclear nasal drops, 2 drops in each nostril 5-6 times a day for 3 days.
3. If your symptoms do not improve after 3 days I would suggest you X- ray of chest and blood tests for further evaluation.

If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari