question-icon

Suggest treatment for cold in an elderly person

Posted on Tue, 10 Oct 2017
Question: Hi, my dad,73 years old, was suffering from continuous cold for a few months and we took him to ent doctor who recommended CT scan which revealed a nasopharyngeal tumor. We did. Biopsy that diagnosed it as an adenoid cystic carcinoma on the left nose running close to carotid artery. Our doctors are recommending surgery and radiation. But am very worried. Is there an alternative?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Carcinoma nasopharynx

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query,

I have seen all the reports. The advice given to you is absolutely correct. The only option for such tumors is surgery with radiotherapy.

Unfortunately, there is no other option. The carotid encasement can be dealt with expertise.

Any further questions are always welcome

Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist