Suggest treatment for cold, headache and sore throat

Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i am having cold and headache frm past 1day and sore throat , wch incerases at night
Answered by Dr. Deepashree 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upper respiratory tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
In my opinion, you might be having an upper respiratory tract infection. Probably of viral etiology.
This is common in this weather.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed antihistamines + mucolytics combination drugs twice daily along with paracetamol + diclofenac combination drugs twice daily for 3 to 5 days.
Do steam inhalation 3 to 4 times per day. This will reduce your headache.
Do salt water gargling or Betadine gargling 3 to 4 times daily for sore throat.
If symptoms persists even after 3 days of this treatment, then consult with the doctor and start on penicillin antibiotics.
You can discuss this with your doctor.
Avoid cold and oily foods, curds, citrus fruits. Drink boiled water only.
Hope my answers have helped you.
pleased to help you further. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju