• question-icon

Suggest treatment for cold, headache and fever

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hello,
my mother is suffering from cold, headache and little fever since 1 day, please suggest a medicine
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol and antihistamine....

Detailed Answer:

I would start paracetamol along with antihistamine like cetrizine. Paracetamol available as Tab Dolo 650mg can be used three times a day and tab cetrizine 10mg to be used at night one tablet. In addition, I will encourage her to use steam inhalation 3-4 times a day.

Progress of symptoms should be monitored. If fever doesn't settle down in 2-3 days or if she develops severe throat pain or severe unbearable headache, consider visiting her doctor.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad