Suggest treatment for cold hands and feet with profuse sweating

Nephrologist
Question
I constantly have cold hands and feet and throughout the day I brake out in episodes of profuse sweating started about 6 months ago
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more info

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Cold hands and feet associated with profuse sweating can be because of several reason. In order to help you better I need to have more information from you

1. Is your hand excessively sweaty as well?
2. Is it more when you are stressed?
3. Any change in your weight lately?
3. Do you have palpitations? Difficulty in sleeping at night ?
4. Any loss of hair?
5. PLease mention all the medications you are on currently

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold hands and feet with profuse sweating 1 hour later
hands are not sweaty but clammy I do have anxiety disorder no palps some trouble sleeping I am on lisinipril hctz and bystolic for blood pressure take klonopin for anxiety thank you for your help

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

I have gone through the side effect profile of the drugs you are on, none of the drugs cause these issues. Most probably it is anxiety which is causing this issue however before just calling it that I would like you to approach this problem this way

1. Get yourself checked for thyroid disorder, serum cortison and diabetes, these are the most common reasons for excessive sweating
2. If the above results are normal I would like you to take a tilt table test, the other rare cause for excessive sweating is autonomic dysfunction.
3. If the above conditions are normal then it is most likely due to anxiety, approach your psychiatrist for help regarding this

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me