Suggest treatment for cold, fever, runny nose and throat pain

Question
I am suffering from cold since today early morning.
I have taken Cetrizine after breakfast at 12 approx. in morning there was running nose and sneezing. currently I am not sneezing anymore, however there is running nose. I couldn't sleep and lying on bed in 145 degree angle for a comfortable feeling.
There is mild pain in throat which I can feel when I am drinking or eating anything.
Please advise if any other medicine needs to be taken for faster relief.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query,

Throat pain seems to be viral pharyngitis. Saline gargles in warm water are needed. Throat soothening syrups like dabur honitus or vicks lozenges will be needed.
For mild throat pain you can try tablet ibuprofen 200 mg 2 times a day.

Antibiotics wont be needed if its viral. If it doesn't get better in 5 days then antibiotics will be needed.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee