question-icon

Suggest treatment for cold, cough and redness in the eyes

Posted on Wed, 19 Apr 2017
Question: Hello Dr,
my daughter is 9 years old, she is having cold and cough. and now her eyes become red and swollen with tears..it just started yesterday.. please advice if we need to visit a doctor.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kampana (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Visit your pediatrician.

Detailed Answer:

Cold and allergies can affect the eyes. It can be viral or bacterial. Pink eye is common in young children. I would suggest you to meet your pediatrician for a detailed examination and treatment.

Meanwhile, teach your child good hand-washing techniques and tell her to avoid rubbing her eyes or face. Do not allow anyone to share towels. This may help in preventing the spread of infection.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kampana