Suggest treatment for cold, cough along with hair loss

Pediatrician
Question
My 6 years daughter suffering from Cold and Barking Cough since one month also hair fall problem started from last week. Local Dr.s Treatment not effective. Expecting your kind Suggestion and right treatment.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reports checked. Looks like a viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days but occasionally may last significantly longer. I have checked the attached blood report. It does not point to the possibility of a bacterial infection and rather supports the probability of a viral cause. Such infections are usually associated with an allergic component and giving Montair LC Kid (monteleukast + levocetirizine, prescription medicine) should help. Cetirizine is an over the counter alternative that can also be given instead.

You need to give steam inhalation to your child. It helps in reducing the congestion and thereby the cough. The water vapor will be in the air and automatically the child will breathe it in. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.

Please be patient. Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold, cough along with hair loss 30 minutes later
Can I Give your suggested Medicine bring from Retail Shop Unhesitatingly and If possible then what will be the Doses for my 6 years girl.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please let me know the body weight of the child

Detailed Answer:
Please let me know the body weight of the child and I will let you know the requisite dose.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold, cough along with hair loss 25 minutes later
My Child's Weight Now is 33 Kilogram and height is 4'2". She is otherwise playful and active. Symptoms are noticeable mainly Evening time ( More -> at the Reading Time, Little->Eating time) and frequently some nights also.

Brief Answer:
Dose mentioned

Detailed Answer:
Tab. Montair LC Kid 1 tablet is to be given once a day for the next few days.
If that (or any other alternative brand with same composition) is not available, you may give Syr. Relent Plus 5 ml once daily for the next few days.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold, cough along with hair loss 12 days later
Hello!
This is XXXX Again asking for your Suggestion, due to not getting Expected Result / Improvement in Patient's Symptoms.

My Daughter's further Blood Report and Chest X-Ray Report are attached herewith
for your Re-Diagnosis and Kind Advice..

Sir,
Are You Answering me Today, or I'll have to wait for Tomorrow?

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
I have checked the attached reports and the X ray. None of them indicate the likelihood of a bacterial infection. In such a case, viral infection remains the probable diagnosis and my first communication stands valid. Please be patient. Give steam inhalation. It should be fine soon.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold, cough along with hair loss 21 hours later

Are You Suggesting Any Medicine that would be Continued ? Or only to given
Steam Treatment.
Already 2 months continuing this symptoms.
Is any vaccination can be given to my daughter ?.
What type of measure should be taken.. so that problems don't turn to serious.
In future, what type of care should be taken to avoid this.

Brief Answer:
Some children are prone to catching cold

Detailed Answer:
Irrespective of use of medicines, the condition usually lasts for a certain duration. However, some children are more vulnerable and get recurrent infections. In such a case Montair LC Kid needs to be given when the symptoms develop. Give steam inhalation along.

You can give the flu vaccine to your child on yearly basis (the validity is only for one flu season). However, that would not protect her from other viral infections.

The primary measure is to keep her warm and to avoid cold.