Suggest treatment for cold and sore throat

Nephrologist
Question
I have a runny nose, sore throat. May I take chestoncold to get some relief so I can go to work?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can go to work

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Chest on cold can be used for relief from running nose however I must add here that it containts Cetrizine which might make you a little drowsy and sleepy. A better alternative drug would be Levocetrizine 10 mg instead.

I also suggest

1. Steam inhalations thrice a day
2. Avoid cold climate, keep yourself warm
3. Avoid cold beverages

Most colds are self limiting and will settle down within 1 week

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold and sore throat 16 hours later
How many times can I take Levocetrizine? Also, I took one tablet of chestoncold last night....do I continue with that? Please let me know.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the follow up

Levocetrizine can be taken twice daily. You can continue with chestoncold except that it can make you extremely drowsy and sleepy in the mornings which can effect your work

I hope I was of help

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold and sore throat 5 minutes later
Ok, I have very bad body pain. I took Chest on cold yesterday, but didn't take it this morning. How do I continue the dosage? Do I take one now (5 pm) and then again at 10pm? Please let me know.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Chestoncold should be taken twice daily, once in the morning and one at night. If you are going to take one at 5pm then don't take it again at 8pm. From tomorrow take once in the morning and once at night