Suggest treatment for cold and fever

Excellent

Critical Care Specialist
Question
hello doctor, I am suffering from cold and fever, yesterday I suffered from running nose and irritation at thrat today little better but having 100.5 fever, in eyes and nose having burning sensation
Please suggest some medicine for the same
thanks
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow the advises, and see how it stays..

Detailed Answer:
Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concerns,

As per your description, these symptoms mostly pointing towards a respiratory tract infections (mostly viral in nature, however, can also be due to bacterial infections)...

Try to avoid cold drinks, dairy products(including yogurt also), sour foods for the time being...take ample rest...also please stay away from over-crowded places for the time being...

Betadine gargle will be helpful for throat irritations. Do the gargling three times daily for next 4-5 days.. also put a pinch of salt in lukewarm water and gargle twice daily as an alternative fashion for next few days...For fever, take Tab PARACETAMOL 650mg Stat dose (for now) followed by thrice daily(after some food)...

Taking steam inhalation three to four times a day will be beneficial additionally...drink a lot of water to remain well hydrated throughout the day...

Just follow all these, and observe how you stay on the due course...

In case the fever and throat irritation are still persisting/any further worsening of symptoms, I'd suggest visiting a nearby Internal Medicine specialist for a prompt check-up as you may need a course of antibiotics therapy also...

Take Care
Kind Regards