Suggest treatment for cold and cough

ENT Specialist
Question
I have got cold since yesterday afternoon and the phlem seems to be going in the throat which will also lead to caugh. I have very weak immunity for flu and infections can get v v severe. Only 30 days back, I had a severe infection and I had consulted at Medanta in XXXXXXX and I have been taking Vitamin C supplement as well for a month. I took one Crocin cold & flu tablet yesterday night (and also steam with vicks) and one tablet at 3:15 p.m. today (as I was sleeping till 2 p.m. today). I want to desperately avoid my infection getting worse as it then gets out of control. I am thinking to take another Crocin cold and flu at 7:15 p.m and then Alaspan at 10 p.m. before sleeping. I am also mentioning below medication prescribed last time when the flue was v sever and I had to take leave for 5 days with 104 fever for 2 days.
Kindly advise

Prescription – taken one month back
Antibiotic is Advent for 5 days twice a day (guess this is v strong medicine)
plus Alaspan for 10 days at night
plus Calpol 500 mg for 2 days thrice a day
plus gargles, steam
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
viral flu.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
In my opinion, you are having cold and cough since yesterday.
More so it looks like viral flu.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed antihistamines + mucolytics combination drugs for 5 to 7 days.
All these are prescription medicines, hence I would advise you to consult with the doctor.
Do steam inhalation. Avoid oily and cold items.
I don't think you have any infections, so you don't need any antibiotics.
Take vitamin supplement for 1 to 3 months to build in your immunity.
Hope my answers have helped you. Pleased to help you further. Thanks.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cold and cough 14 minutes later
Would still request if you could advise some medicine as I won't have time to go to doctor tomorrow and today is Sunday

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not advisable to prescribe medicine online.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your follow up query.
It is not advisable to prescribe medicine online.
But still, as you can't get any doctor today, I would advise you to same drugs which you took 1 month ago.
Tab . alas pan -am tablet twice a day.
Croc in tablet if you have headache and fever.
Hopefully these medicines may help you.