Suggest treatment for clotting in some of the arteries

Dr. Rajesh Teli

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Heart Attack
Question: MY FATHER IS HAVING TROUBLE IN HEART , AND HE HAD AN ANGIOGRAPHY DONE THROUGH HAND 2 MONTHS BACK
DOCTORS TOLD HIM THAT HE HAS SOME CLOATING IN SOME OF THE ARTERIES , WILL U ADVICE TO HAVE AN ANGIOGRAPHY DONE AGAIN THROUGH THIGH AGAIN TO GET THE EXACT REPORT OF CLOATING ,AS SHOULD HE GO FOR STUNT OR BY PASS . DO ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO IN FUTURE AS I DONT WANT SOME
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Teli 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
please attach report of angiography

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
I am Dr.Rajesh Teli,MD
I have gone through your query.Thanks for using HCM.
I would like to inform you that whenever there is a block in any artery more than 70% of its diameter it requires either angioplasty or bypass.such significant block can not be managed with medication alone.As medications howsoever optimum will not reduce risk of heart attack.
Decision whether to do plasty or bypass depends on site,size and type of block.
I suggest you to attach either angio film or scan copy of diagram of report.
Once I get it I shall be able to guide you for final decision
My best wishes
Dr.Teli.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Rajesh Teli 5 hours later
Sir i have aatached the reports and plz tell me
Whether i should go for stentting in XXXXXXX or XXXXXXX itself

Is their any complications in stentting

Do stress,tension
help in blocking the artries
For maximum how much father should work at the age of 62 and with living heart problems
Will he be ok after
Blood cloating could come again in future or not
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Teli 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
please send either angio film or diagram

Detailed Answer:
hello XXXXXXX

I am unable to read the percentage blocks in writing. Please send either typed or scan report of the diagram given to you. You may share the video clips here.
Yes stress and tension do contribute to blockage though not the only factor.
Please attach echo report as well so i can know about the function of heart.
It is very essential that i get complete picture if blocks.

My best wishes
DR.Teli.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rajesh Teli 43 hours later
80 %
In two artries
90% in one artries
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Teli 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
bypass is better option

Detailed Answer:
hello XXXXXXX
As i understand that he has 80% block in two arteries
and 90% block in one artery ,it means he needs intervention at 3 places.Actually i need to look at exact picture or film of angio to give you perfect guidance.But now a days in such blocks both angioplasty with 3 stents is also possible.But it will be very expensive ,so it is better to get Bypass surgery in such multiple blocks.Most importantly there has to be more than 70% block in main artery i.e. LAD. to qualify his case for bypass.
But please share the scan copy of diagram of angio report given to you ,The report you have attach is not fully visible,
Please do the needful
My best wishes
Dr.Teli.