Suggest treatment for clostridium and severe stomach pain after taking Cefuroxime Axetil
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Antibiotics use specially cephalosporins like cefuroxime are notorious for diarrhea. C difficile does not occur usually with short term use of antibiotics. This diarrheal episode will subside with stopping the drug and slight modifications of diet and lifestyle.
Although you should go to a doctor and let them run some labs to rule out clostridium Difficile as age of 72 has a little higher risk of getting it compared to other age groups of less than 60.
Meanwhile just take some metronidazole and start some probiotics. Those help as well.
Supportive therapy should comprise of :
Plenty of fluids: Choose fluids containing water, salt and sugar, such as diluted fruit juice, soft drinks and broths.
Good nutrition: If you have watery diarrhea, eat starchy foods, such as potatoes, noodles, rice, wheat and oatmeal. Other good choices are saltine crackers, bananas, soup and boiled vegetables. If you aren't hungry, you may need a liquid diet at first. After your diarrhea clears up, you may have temporary difficulty digesting milk and milk-based products.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Treatment for chronic stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and back pain
- Suggest treatment for gastric problem with stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and loose motions
- Constipation stomach pain severe cramps treatment for symptoms
- Cerazette stomach pain treatment
- Diaherra and stomach pain treatment