Suggest treatment for cirrhosis
Hi and thanks for contacting HCM
Esophageal varices with severe PHG and enlarged spleen indicates portal hypertension and cirrhosis is one of the common causes of portal Hypertension. In the background of alcoholism and an enlarged liver, you definitely have alcoholic liver disease. But with the available data it is difficult to differentiate between a severe alcoholic hepatitis and cirrhosis. Further fibroscan is unreliable in the presence of inflammation. You need re-evaluation later to rule out cirrhosis
As of now, you be abstinent and take high calorie high protein diet. See a local GI for prescription.
As I written in my first query, I also want to include Metadoxine 500mg 2 times daily. Internet forums show a positive research on Metadoxine over 3 month period. Shall I take this with out consulting my GI as he is out of city currently and will be back only after 3 weeks.Not that I am a expert but from internet knowledge, I found Metadoxine promising and nothing harm in taking this for my condition.
Hi and thanks for the clarification
As you have already researched, there is no one drug that reverses or cures alcoholic liver disease. All drugs ( Including those you have listed) are meant to help in recovery and none alone can sure shot cure it. Metadoxine is one of them and may be tried. However I have no much personal experience with it. So please ask your GI about it and use it only with his permission.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ascites treatment in cirrhosis
- Treatment for ammonia in cirrhosis
- Liver disease cirrhosis treatment
- Alcoholic cirrhosis treatment
- Primary biliary cirrhosis treatment
- Lactulose treatment for cirrhosis
- Treatment of precautions in cirrhosis of liver
- Natural treatments for liver cirrhosis
- Treatment and cure for Cirrhosis
- Cirrhosis of the lung treatment
- Are nausea and constipation side effects of Livalo (pitavastatin) ?
- What could be the cause of blood in stool and burning with normal CT...
- Raised liver enzymes, working with toxic chemicals, hepatitis infection
- How can abdominal varices be treated ?
- What do low GGT and ALP levels signify?
- Why do I have dizziness when I have a bowel movement ?
- Low appetite, eating disorder, weight lose. Suggest.
- What is the problem if I have a high level of liver enzymes?
- High level of SGOT, SGPT, Gamma GT, methotrexate for psoriatic...
- Stiff neck, fever, BP 127/70, pulse 60, stent, bundle block, enlarged...