Suggest treatment for chronic venous insufficiency
Advised expert advise &specific treatment.
Thanks for the query &understand your concern.
*Long time thinned & dried skin along with itching to cause oozing & difficulty in healing....could arise due to -
_ ageing process with drying of skin followed by itching ,infection &the symptoms .
- Long term use of steroid ointments can lead to skin thinning&drying too
- Diabetes causes drying of skin followed by itching &oozing when infected,with prolonged healing process
- allergy turning into exema
-fungal infection with secondary infection
-chronic venous insufficiency leading to stagnation of venous blood in lower limbs causing seen or unseen vericisities & the symptoms.
*In your case as you state less blood circulation in lower limbs.... it seems to be venous insufficiency causing the problem Still all other skin conditions need to be excluded.
*In this context you should consult your family physician to start with.
. He would examine you,get you investigated (blood counts,histopathilogy tests like swab test to find type of infection/allergy screen test/glucose tollerance test -as per need) to diagnose the type of skin involvement.
He would then refer you to either a skin specialist or cardiovascular surgeon as he feels.
- You would need a usg /color doppler test to find presence of venous insufficiency /vericosities. ...&get a specialized treatment from a cardiovasular surgen to treat the basic cause along with skin specialist to treat the cause of skin symptoms specifically.
*Till then you should avoid itching/try to soothen the skin with help of moisturiser /keep the legs raised if they are swollen.
This way with proper investgations &expert advise .. you would get rid of the problem.
I hope that answers your query.Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency
- Chronic venous insufficiency gangaram
- Chronic venous insufficiency edema
- Chronic venous insufficiency causes
- Chronic venous insufficiency and jogging
- Chronic venous insufficiency dla
- Treatment and cure for chronic venous insufficiency
- Option for chronic venous insufficiency
- Chronic venous insufficiency caused by provera
- Diagnosis of chronic venous insufficiency
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?