• question-icon

Suggest treatment for chronic sinusitis

Posted on Sat, 1 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have completed a course of doxycycline, co amoxiclav , and clarithrymycin plus steroids and am still feeling unwell with sinus type symptoms . My GP has now given me another course of clarithrymycin and prednisalone and recommended I see a ear nose and throats consultant .
I had the same thing a couple of years ago and the consultant did as an which was clear and asked me if I grind my teeth which I do . He suggested it could be TMJ.
The issue I have is that whilst I am on the preds and antibiotics I feel vaguely better with less of a headache and as soon as I stop taking them it comes back
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
You should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done to see which sinuses are involved and to what extent.
The treatment will depend on the x-ray findings.
I would advise you to take combination of levocetrizine and phenylepherine twice daily and fluticasone nasal spray twice daily for a week alongwith amozyclav 625 as recommended.
In case of advanced sinusitis, surgery is recommended but that will depend on your Xray.
Follow up with the reports so that I can suggest you better.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available at prescription only.
Wish you get well soon.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist