Suggest treatment for chronic sinusitis
My question is can this be remedied through medication versus surgical procedures?
You can try medications
From your endoscopy report and ct scan report it looks like you are having chronic sinusitis.
This can be due to persistent infection or an allergy , both of which need further blood tests and culture of the nasal secretions for confirmation.
In my patients , i would start on a course of nasal steroid sprays and antibiotics for a period of 2-3 weeks and re assess the patient with a repeat endoscopy.
If the patient responds , that is , the polyps and edema decrease in size and the patient is symptomatically better , i continue the sprays for another 4 weeks and then slowly taper them. If the condition does not improve then i advice them for surgical removal of the polyps and the diseased mucosa.
In my opinion , you can also try a course of medications and if you are not better , then opt for surgery.
Please discuss this with your doctor.
Also, I have a white patch on the inside of my left nostril....seemingly left over from my bout with Bronchitis a couple of months ago. I must admit that I frequently picked at this in order to remove the crust to breathe better. Any idea what this is....fungus, bacteria, etc.?
it can be a fungus
Although without a culture from the white patch it is difficult to tell whether it is fungus or bacteria , but generally a white patch is due to a fungal growth.
This is however rare and needs to be investigated thoroughly , Please avoid nose picking and forceful nose blowing, it will spread the infection and make things worse.
The best thing would be to use normal saline nasal drops , they will loosen the crusts and help you breathe properly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural treatment for chronic sinusitis
- Chronic sinusitis infection treatment
- Chronic sinusitis antibiotic treatment
- Chronic sinus infection treatment
- Treatments for chronic sinusitis
- Treatment and cure for chronic sinus
- Chronic sinus disease treatment
- Treatment of chronic sinusitis during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for chronic sinusitis
- Treatment and cure for chronic sinusitis
- Does GERD cause headaches,dizziness and dry mouth?
- What causes sneezing in the morning followed by runny nose?
- What causes persistent sore throat with white spots in throat?
- What causes low voice and strain in throat?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with swollen tonsils
- What causes sudden BP dropping and burning lips and mouth roof?
- What causes itching and swelling on ear lobes?
- What causes loud ringing in ears?
- What causes sensitive scalp and ear bone?
- IS frequent use of Alerfix M safe?