Suggest treatment for chronic sinusitis
decongestant nose drops
Hi and welcome to healthcaremagic,
I answered your previous query a few days ago.
Ears can get clogged and painful during sinus infections. It happens because infection ascends into the ears through the eustachian tubes. I believe I had advised you to use decongestant nose drops like otrivin, If you have not started using the drops then now is the time to do so. These drops open the eustachian tubes and help to ventilate the ears well thereby controlling the infection. Instill 3 drops in each nostril 3 times a day and follow it up with steam inhalation for a week.
Apart from this you can take pain killers like tylenol or ibuprofen afetr checking the dose.
Also you should drink lots of water and do steam inhalation 5 times daily.
If the ear drum ruptures then there is no need to worry, see your doctor. You will need some ear drops along with the rest of the treatment.
Feel free to follow up,
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
Afrin same as otrivin
Hi and sorry for the delay,
Afrin and otrivin are one and the same.
If you have used afrin in the past 3 weeks then you cannot use otrivin now. If its been more than 3 weeks then you can use afrin again for 5 days. Please do lots of steam inhalation, atleast 5 times a day.
Currently I feel you are having infection of the ear. Please ask your doctor to confirm. The augmentin will take care of the infection. Once the infection settles then your ear will get better.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural treatment for chronic sinusitis
- Chronic sinusitis infection treatment
- Chronic sinusitis antibiotic treatment
- Chronic sinus infection treatment
- Treatments for chronic sinusitis
- Treatment and cure for chronic sinus
- Chronic sinus disease treatment
- Treatment of chronic sinusitis during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for chronic sinusitis
- Treatment and cure for chronic sinusitis
- Suggest treatment for ear ache and dizziness
- What causes burning in mouth with strong mouth odor after using...
- Suggest treatment for persistent post nasal drip
- Will eustachian tube dysfunction in both ears lead to hearing loss in...
- Suggest treatment for nose congestion
- What causes dry throat?
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for Upper respiratory tract infection
- What causes giddiness, loss of balance and pain in the temple area?
- Suggest treatment for scratchy throat, dry cough without mucous