• question-icon

Suggest treatment for chronic pharyngitis along with tonsillitis

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello i have been diagnosed with granular pharyngitis and tonsitliis. I have taken multiple antibiotics in last 2 years. My tonsils get swollen and i get fever also. My prob is i get pain while swallowing certain foods.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic pharyngitis with tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Chronic pharyngitis with tonsillitis is usually due to Post nasal drip. You should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and throat swab for culture sensitivity done.
Fever and Pain while swallowing is a feature of tonsil infection. Use hexidine gargles regularly.
Please send me the pictures of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 22 minutes later
Sorry but You hVe answred my queery beofre many times on the same app. I dont have post nasal drip at all plus no sign of cold or cough. Do u mean to say my tonsillitis and granular phyrangitis are not related? Do u mean to say tonsils only get affected by post nsal drip and not other factors?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic pharyngitis with tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
There can be multiple reasons for tonsil infection.
But when a patient has granular pharyngitis, it is supposed that the cause for both is same and Granular pharyngitis is always due to a nasal disease. Tonsils and posterior wall are both a part of pharynx. Any source of infection that is causing posterior wall congestion will infect the tonsils too but it doesn't happen otherwise.
I have read your earlier query where you shared your endoscopic examination report that also suggested of a nasal disease.
So my advise is you should get yourself treated for nasal disease. That will definitely help you with your symptoms.
I hope my advise proves useful for you. If you still have any doubts, you can always ask.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist