Suggest treatment for chronic pelvic pain

Posted on Fri, 18 Nov 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I am 20 years old and have chronic pelvic pain. It radiates slightly above my belly button and everywhere below it until a little below the waist line. This pain is crappy and every day. It accelerates whenever pressure is applied, especially when i have a bowel movement, cough, sneeze or even stretch. I have had several MRI's, ultrasounds and even had a laparascopy. The OB found no signs of endo or any adhesions or any signs of PID at all.. he Shot XXXXXXX through my tubes and it successfully went through. The only thing he did manage to find were paratubal cysts which he removed and burned. He insisted the pain would go away but it has only gotten worse and stayed persistent. I am weary of next steps as well as confused as what this may be. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am starting to feel lost and my fiancé and I would like to try for baby # 2 soon, but we are fearing infertility at this point, especially since this problem occurred after my daughter was born. Thanks in advance!
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

From your description, it appears that you do not have apparent gynecology cause for this pain. You also do not have any urinary tract cause for the pain.

There can be several other reasons for such pain. Since the pain is more with bowel movement, sneezing etc. please consult surgeon to find out if hernia or some intestinal condition like irritable bowel syndrome, is the cause. The pain could be in the muscle too. So you need to be assessed by neurologist. Some women at times even need assessment by psychiatrist as anxiety and depression can exacerbate the pain.

Since your tubes are patent, and you have given birth to a baby, there is no reason to worry about infertility.

I hope this is helpful.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Ramadevi Wani


Practicing since :1985

Answered : 1312 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urinary tract

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction