Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the left leg

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I've been experiencing chronic pain in my left leg thigh/groin area and nothing seems to help. I've also noticed my penis as suddenly changed in it's shape. It used to be straight when erect, but now it has drastically turned to the left and looks bent. Could this be linked to the pain I'm experiencing?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
may be peyronie's disease

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The curvature is likely peyronie's disease. It is caused by the presence of scar tissue in the penis that can then pull on different areas of the penis and cause a curvature to occur.

The exact reason for the scar tissue and the curvature is not known though there are different possible proposed theories such as: (1)vitamin e deficieny
(2)genetic cause
(3)previous injury to the penis
(4)injury the blood vessels to the penis

If the blood vessels in the area are injured and this is contributing to your pain , this is a possible link, there is however, not likely to be a link.

In december 2013, the FDA approved of the first medication for peyronie's disease xiaflex.

An urologist would be best person to manage this condition.

If the pain in the thigh is not improving then you may want to speak to your doctor. It is possible that there may be a nerve aspect to the pain and in that case, the use of medications for neuropathy (abnormal function of the nerves), may be warranted.
eg gabapentinn, tegretol, lyrica, amitriptyline

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions