• question-icon

Suggest treatment for chronic pain due to idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Pain Management
Question: I have chronic pain (IPN) as well as ITP. ITP for 20 years plus. Pain increasing while my PCP is decreasing my pain Rx. Help me if you can.
Answered by Dr. Matt Wachsman 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a few things.

Detailed Answer:
We cannot prescribe over the internet.
So, several points about pain.
The cause of it would be a key point. ITP means any of the aspirin drugs are quite dangerous. ITP can cause pain due to causing gangrene. that is quite a serious problem and needs immediate treatment to prevent loss of an organ/limb. Or, it might be another cause that could be corrected.

Then there is the type of pain. Several features can imply it is due to a nerve that is injured or sick. Then any medicine that damps down nerves (novacaine, anti-epileptics, etc) will work on pain.

there can be interruption of the nerve thru surgery.
Dr. Matt Wachsman

Addiction Medicine Specialist