Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for chronic neck pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10683 Questions
Hi. I have had neck pain for twenty years. It makes working at a desk or computer extremely difficult. I have had physical therapy, chiropractics, massage therapy, hypnotherapy, and acupuncture. I am on painkillers, but they make me groggy, and it's hard to function. Any other suggestions?

Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are suffering from cervical spondylosis.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query,
You are suffering from cervical spondylosis. You have taken all possible treatments of cervical spondylosis except surgery. Surgery can be decided after MRI of cervical spine. Till than you can take a course of diacerin and glucosamine or aflapin for three months. Having methylcobalamin supplements and medicines like Pregabalin can also help after consulting a neurologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor