Suggest treatment for chronic neck pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi. I have had neck pain for twenty years. It makes working at a desk or computer extremely difficult. I have had physical therapy, chiropractics, massage therapy, hypnotherapy, and acupuncture. I am on painkillers, but they make me groggy, and it's hard to function. Any other suggestions?

XXXX
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are suffering from cervical spondylosis.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query,
You are suffering from cervical spondylosis. You have taken all possible treatments of cervical spondylosis except surgery. Surgery can be decided after MRI of cervical spine. Till than you can take a course of diacerin and glucosamine or aflapin for three months. Having methylcobalamin supplements and medicines like Pregabalin can also help after consulting a neurologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal