Suggest treatment for chronic insomnia

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have chronic insomnia and desperately need help. I also need the ingredients of sleep aids, so I can rule out buying one that has already proven ineffective for me. Thanks! P.S. Doctors are hesitant re: prescribing effective sleep aids as I have had 3 seizures in 25 years, they were causec by lack of sleep!
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Have you tried any of the following medications, and if so, at what doses:
Trazodone
Seroquel
Belsomra
Benadryl

Also, have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for sleep, such as the online CBT program (myshuti.com)

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad