Suggest Treatment For Chronic Hives
what can I used to stop uncontrollable itching that want cause me to gain weight
Second generation oral antihistamines are the drugs of choice for CIU
Hell. Thank you fotlr writing to us.
I an Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Management of Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria(CIU) is largely symptomatic. I usually start my patients of CIU on a second generation oral antihistamine Levocetrizine. If that proves insufficient I add another second generation oral antihistamine e.g either Loratadine or Fexofenadine. Treatment is long term and largely symptomatic in CIU. These are prescription medications and although very much safe for long term use require regular follow up to assess response to treatment. Weight gain is not a side effect with second generation oral antihistamines. In addition to oral antihistamines I ask my patients of CIU to apply a soothing lotion e.g Calamine lotion on hives.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is nutcracker esophagus chronic
- I am 36 years old light smoker i have been having chronic
- Role of duphaston tablets in subchronic
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction chronic
- Scarring from tonsillectomy causing chronic
- Loose stools in toddlers chronic
- Ulceration in terminal ileum acute vs chronic
- Lump behind ear chronic
- I have this neck related problems like chronic
- Epididymitis natural remedy chronic