Suggest treatment for chronic headache and hypertension

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: Good evening Dr. XXXXXXX I am under your treatment for cure of my chronic headache. You have advised following medicines:-

1. Tryptomer 25 mg once at night
2. Betacap TR 40 once in the morning.

You had replaced the tablet Telma 40 which I was taking to control my blood pressure with Betacap TR 40 saying that this will also help in controlling my headache beside controlling the blood pressure.

Yesterday when I visited my Physician (who gives me medicines for my diabetes), he suggested that I should plan to stop Betacap TR 40 and replace it with Telma 40. Please advise if Betacap TR 40 is safe to take on long term basis.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Betacap can be stopped

Detailed Answer:
Betacap TR is avoided in diabetes.
You can continue tryptomer 25 mg.
For hypertension telma can be taken.
Provide details about headache response.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Neeraj Kumar 15 hours later
Good morning. As advised, I have stopped Betacap TR 40 from today morning and started Telma 40.

I am under your treatment for headache and tingling sensation in my right leg calf muscle when I go to bet. Following medicines have been prescribed by you:

1. Tryptomer 25 mg at night
2. Sibelium 10 mg at night
3. Maxmala 75 at night

Headache is under control and frequency has reduced. On an average I get headache once a week. As regard the tingling sensation, I have relief of approx 60-70%. I am taking tryptomer 25 and sibelium 10 for the last 2 months and Maxmala 75 for the last 45 days. Request your advise on the following:-

1. How long I have to take Tryptomer 25 and sibelium 10?
2. How long I have to take Maxmala 75?

Regards...XXXX
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue same treatment for at least 6 months

Detailed Answer:
You need to continue the therapy for at least 6 months.
Drug tapering after 6 months of substantial relief.
Methycobalamin should be continued too.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy