Suggest treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi
In past few days ive felt really unwell very tired and lots of pain more than normal i feel very sick when i go tp the bathroom im not sick but come over all dizzy and unsteady what could it be i have chronic pain but this is more thab that
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be start of some systemic infection or chronic fatigue syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic.

Your symptoms are quite unspecific but such malaise and feeling of being unwell can be sign of new onset illness or infection. You need to look vigilantly for any signs of respiratory tract infection, urine burning or altered bowel habbits. If possible get baseline labs done, specially complete blood count, liver function tests, ESR, and urinalysis.

Meanwhile, you can use acetaminophen for temporary relief during such episodes. Fever recording should be done if any such fatigue or unwell feeling arise.

You can also start taking supplements of B complex, calcium and vitamin D3 as these can also present like this. If symptoms increase then consult your GP for further tests and evaluation.

Hoping you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 18 hours later
Ok thabk you i seem to be passing water ok im also opening my bowels nornal for me im struggling a lot today havr had to take dihydrocodiene twice already which is abnormal for meall im wanting to so is cry and sleep what could ve causing extra pain like ths
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need a detailed work up, pain management is only temporary relief

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for sharing all the details. What I picked up, is that, you had suffered from loose stools too? is that what you meant? Feverish feeling, fatigue or pains can be due to that or electrolyte imbalance. Take soft diet, drink plenty of fluids, use oral rehydration salts in that case.

Kindly visit your GP for detailed evaluation and to discuss all those investigations and work up as we have discussed earlier, and treat any diagnostic finding. Meanwhile using analgesics like acetaminophen or dihyrdocodien may help for temporary symptomatic relief. Hoping you a speedy recovery. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 3030 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Electrolyte imbalance

doctor1 MD

Hi dr xxxxxxxx as requested I had blood panel done and they came back normal no signs of heart attack or enzymes I have a stress test set up...

doctor1 MD

My wife is 77 years old. In 2016, she had 1/2 of right lung removed due to lung cancer . She then had a-fib and later chemo for cancer. In march...

doctor1 MD

I am a 72 yr old female. For the past week, I have been suffering on and off with upper posterior thigh muscle spasms, together with a knife-like...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction