Suggest treatment for chronic dizziness
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I can help.
There are 3 possibilities i See-
1. As you said "cerebellar" ataxia.
2. Benign positional vertigo.
I feel you need to meet a physiotherapist if its a cerebellar ataxia. since your MRI is normal, I dont feel it will help.
BPPV can be helped by a physiotherapist as well. In addition you can ask for a prescription of Tab Vertin.
Also, you are on Metoprolol. This reduces the heart rate to reduce the blood pressure. If the reduction is too great, even that can cause vertigo. best to test with a ekg. If this is the case, you medicine will need to be changed.
Best of luck.
Feel free to ask a further query if needed.
Best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for discomfort in forehead and eyes with dizziness
- Suggest the treatment for stuffy nose and dizziness
- Suggest treatment for bloating with dizziness and headaches
- Suggest treatment for dizzy spells
- Feeling unbalanced and dizzy pregnant suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with headaches and dizziness
- Tired dizzy lightheaded pain in testicles suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and vertigo
- Suggest treatment for dizzy spells after an injury
- Suggest treatment for stomach cramps backache and dizziness