Suggest treatment for chronic diarrhea
I have had very bad diarehha (sorry, spelling is not my thing) for almost 3 weeks now. It is very brown, liquid and burns severely. From Feb 14 - March 10 I was caring for my daughter who was in a major bi-polar episode. I returned home and also care for my parents (84 & 86) Obviously, I have a lot of my plate and I assumed that I was having this because of stress. It won't quit....ideas?
Likely IBS , needs work up to confirm
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. CHronic diarrhea for more than 3 weeks partially responding to conservative diet with history of acid reflux should be considered for diarrhea predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Your should get evaluated for the possible causes of this chronic diarrhea. There is a log list of causes from medications to crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis ,hyperthyroidism, medications induced, caffeine induced, infections like hepatitis A and E that can cause these diarrhea symptoms.
You need work up and examination to narrow the list of differentials. Talk to a doctor and let them sort it out for you. Meanwhile continue BRAT diet, use peppermint with yogurt in every meal as supplements as former is best antispasmodic and later is best probiotic. Avoid triggers, eat small frequent meals and prefer fibrous diet.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking antibiotics and pepto bismo for chronic diarrhea suggestion
- Is pepto bismol used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Is pink bismuth used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Is welchol used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Suggest diet for chronic diarrhea
- Child has chronic diarrhea lactose sensitivity treatment
- Chronic diarrhea after radiation treatment
- Treatment and cure for Chronic diarrhea
- Treatment for chronic diarrhea hemorrhoids anal fissure
- Treatment for chronic diarrhea despite taking loperamide