Suggest treatment for chronic diarrhea with history of pancreatitis
Few more information could be helpful.
Hi XXXXXX ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.
A few more information could be utilized to help you better:
1) Your dietary habits: Do you eat from outside, specially fried and fast food kind of thing ?
2) Does any particular kind of diet makes the symptoms worse ?
3) Do you ever consume alcohol, or do you smoke ?
4) About your daily routine : Do you go for a routine exercise like a walk depending on your medical fitness ?
Hoping to listen from you. Thanks for using health care magic portal for the query on your health. and take care.
2. No particular diet; semi- healthy, though; 3. Never any alcohol and smoke one-half pack of cigarettes daily, if that; 4. Walking and lots of gardening. If you cannot answer any better than this, I want credit for what this has cost. Thanks for giving this your attention.
My regrets. These points might be helpful.
Hi XXXXXX! Good morning.
Yes, you are right. I did not answer any of your query as I needed more information as now narrated by you. My regrets for the same.Thanks for all these information. Now the following might help you:
1) Even though you might be eating occasionally from outside, with a previous history of pancreatitis, it would be better if you could avoid it. Many a times some constituents of the food what we eat with special reference to fast food could give rise to allergy to the intestinal mucosa causing irritation and inflammation resulting in chronic diarrhoea, e:g:, gluten sensitivity and lactose intolerance. Apart from this, any kind of intestinal infection could come by the food from outside, which go on causing the symptoms of bloating and diarrhoea.
Therefore if I were your doctor, I would take the help of a dietician to see if exclusion of any such constituents in your diet either from outside or at home could help in relieving your symptoms. Also I would suggest a routine stool test for ova and cyst to rule out chances of any infection and if positive, then treat the same.
2) It is good that you do not consume any alcoholic beverages. However, also I would insist on you to say a BIG NO to smoking cigarettes as well if you could, and I am sure your concern for your health would definitely lead you to success in this. Smoking could precipitate your chronic pancreatitis problem apart from stimulating high acid output in the stomach. I do not have to describe more serious complications of smoking as I am sure you know all about this.
3) Please add more of roughage and liquids in your daily dietary routine.
4) It is also good that you are maintaining a healthy life style with daily walking and lots of gardening.
5) I would also suggest you to continue Creon for the pancreatitis for the total duration of six months as advised by your doctor.
6) I do not think it to be a very serious matter to be concerned about, excepting for detailed investigations as above by your family physician. In case of no relief or continuing symptoms consultation with your surgeon/gastro enterologist might be helpful.
I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.
Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
Enjoy your vacation.
Hi XXXXXXX ! Good morning. It was nice to listen from you, and it was re assuring for me rather that I could at least be a part of non smoking campaign through you once you leave it, and I am also sure that you could do it this time.
Enjoy your vacation and all the best.
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is pepto bismol used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Is pink bismuth used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Is welchol used in the treatment of chronic diarrhea ?
- Suggest diet for chronic diarrhea
- Chronic pancreatitis pain treatment
- Child has chronic diarrhea lactose sensitivity treatment
- Chronic diarrhea after radiation treatment
- Treatment and cure for Chronic diarrhea
- Treatment for chronic diarrhea hemorrhoids anal fissure
- Treatment for chronic diarrhea despite taking loperamide