Suggest treatment for chronic diarrhea and stomach pain

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 29 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Sir I had serious diarrhoea issue around 10 years but still it was not cured.I have taken endoscopy colonoscopy as well as bloodtest urine motion test ct scan in stomach but all reflecting normal.I am going daily 4 -5 times in morning and after that while sitting some pain available
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Irritable bowel syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is diarrhea predominant and that is the reason for your diarrhea as well as pain in rectum (tenesmus). If this would have been Acute we would have suspected Acute infection but in Chronic cases with normal blood investigations , Endoscopy and Colonoscopy , IBS is the prominent diagnosis.
In such scenario I would advice you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day. Increase more of fiber in diet that includes papaya, banana.
In resistant cases we treat with Non absorbable antibiotic like Rifaximin.
You can also take Isabgulla husk in diet that would bind your motions and you will not have loose stools.
I would also advice you to get a thyroid profile done in case it's not done yet.
Share my opinion with your doctor.
I hope it helps.
If you have any further query, please ask me.