Suggest treatment for chronic cough
Extensive evaluation required
Thanks for your question.
I do understand your pain and discomfort.
As per your history is concerned, cough can be due to GI tract induced, however there's other possibilities which needed to be ruled out in the first place, so please follow:
1) Do get a CBC with differential counts to rule out any allergy or viral infection
2) Do an Endoscopy GI tract to ruled out any pathology of of the esophagus and the stomach
3) An ultrasound whole abdomen to rule out mostly any gall bladder stone
4) Correction of Iron deficit (if any) with proper supplementation.
5) Apart from these, there's a need to get an EKG & ECHO-Cardiography done to rule out any element of heart failure
Please follow up with your doctor and also me with reports. If already done, then please upload it, you can simply upload/attach them at the reports section of this web-page.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.
Wishing you all the best.
Dr U N Sahoo
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is promethazine dm used in the treatment of chronic cough ?
- What treatment is suggested for chronic cough
- Suggest medication for chronic cough and breathlessness
- Treatment and cure for allergic chronic cough
- Chronic cough treatment bromide
- What is the cause and treatment for chronic cough
- Ayurvedic treatment for chronic cough
- Cll chronic cough treatment
- Bovine chronic cough treatment
- Treatment and cure for chronic cough
- What do the following blood test reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and lump in the throat
- Suggest a carbohydrate consistent diet
- What causes burning sensation in the stomach and diarrhea?
- Suggest treatment for redness in the eye and headache
- What causes constant ringing noise in the ears and poor vision?
- Suggest treatment for severe leg pain while on Advil
- Suggest treatment for intracranial lesion
- Suggest treatment for Alzheimer's disease
- What does presence of yellow substance on the penis head indicate?