• question-icon

Suggest treatment for chronic cough, constant mucus in the throat and sore throat

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi, I have recently noticed some changes in my health. Starting with a more chronic light cough, constant mucus and having to cough because of it, sore throat that has lasted for a few months now. went to pulmnologist and he did the spirometry tests, etc. and said I have asthma. Also got athlete's foot for the first time. Just seems like a lot of changes recently - any idea where I need to start or who I need to go to in order to have them really evaluate ALL of my symptoms?

I have also been diagnosed with GERD in the past and have heartburn from time to time.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
continue flovent and add antiacids

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM

I can understand your concern

As you explain the history you are taking steroids inhalers for asthma. You are suffering from GERD too.
These are the most usual amd most common causes for chronic cough in young patients.

Your sore throat is from acidic reflux for sure.

If you were my patient i would add to your current treatment antiacids like Omeprazol orally once for up to one month qnd after you will feel the results.

Don't worry start the antiacids and be careful with the food no spicy,no alchool.

I wish a fast recovery for you

Dr.Jolanda

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist