Suggest treatment for chronic constipation

Question
Hi my name is XXXX and I've had problems going to the bathroom for many years now. I have been to the hospital several times and they do not ever seem to do anything but get me back out the door. The other day I thought about my situation and decided if they weren't going to do anything maybe I should try myself. Well anyway, while I was in the shower I decided to stick my finger in my rectum and discovered I have a very hard piece of jagged stool in my rectum. This is what is blocking me from using the bathroom. What can I do for myself to get this out cause I feel like i'm on my own here.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It must be case of impacted stool

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, yes it's quite possible that it can be a case of impacted stool and in such cases manual evacuation is unavoidable and stool softeners alone may not be sufficient.

If problem has resolved due to removal of hard stool, stool softeners will work now efficiently however local glycerine suppositories and kleen enema can be helpful to facilitate stool excretion.

Using ispaghola husk and castor oil drops can also help. It's better to keep water intake good and fibre rich foods should be preferred over refined processed foods. Wishing you a healthy life ahead.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards