Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
To rule out local anal lesion
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Chronic constipation in an adult is likely to be due to following
1. Low fibre diet
2. Decreased intake of water
3. Presence of lesion of anus and rectum: Painful lesion like anal fissure
Before embarking on blind empirical treatment its advisable to undergo thorough evaluation by General Surgeon/Gastroenterlogist
I would suggest you the following
1. Plenty of oral fluids: 2-3 liter of water a day. 1 glass of water 1 hour before meals and 1 glass of water 1 hour after every feeds will ensure sufficient intake of water.
2. High fibre diet: 2 servings of vegetable salad and fruits everyday
3. Oral Laxatives:: Try syrup lactulose , to start with 5ml twice a day.
4. Avoid food stuffs containing maida like bread, biscuits
I would like to have additional information
1. Is there pain while passing stools?
2 Is there bleeding while paasing stools
In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Wishing you happy and healthy life
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic constipation and weight gain
- Streptococcus faecalis chronic constipation
- Chronic constipation and smelly stools
- Chronic constipation treatment
- Chronic constipation and weight loss
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation caused after a caesarean section
- Chronic constipation mucus discharge stomach cramps bloating treatment options
- Treatment and cure for chronic constipation
- Treatment of chronic constipation in chf
- Chronic constipation in toddlers treatment