Suggest treatment for chronic chest pain

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I am having chest pain (burning to mild pain)for more then 1 and half year.doctors ruled out cardiac cause after having multiple ECG,echo and negative tmt test. I get pain randomly while walking or having food but not always. I am having other problem like chest burns when lying down on bed pain and laughing .pain doesn't come during laughing period but after few seconds to a minute. doctor told me my lungs were clear and chest xray is normal
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
gastric reflux probably

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history you have already excluded heart and lungs problems as the cause of the pain.

It seems to me that it might be a gastric reflux which means the secretions of the stomach goes back in the esophag .It is often especially in younger patients.

It can be evaluated by fibrogastroscopy examination. Probably your doctor will give you treatment with antiacids medications (like Esomeprazol orally twice for one month).

Please discuss with your doctor for the above

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla 31 minutes later
I am using esomeprazol along with nebicard 2.5mg and rozat 5mg for 6months my pain reduced from being continuous to random like walking or after a meal when I miss a dose for few days pain returns. also I am 30 year old obese with bmi 36 I get very mild breathing problem after climbing like 30- 40 steps its like my nose is blocked but not always sometimes everything feels fine . doctor told me I have tuberinate hypertrophy can it cause breathing problem?? also congestion occurs only after climbing not while climbing
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
continue discussion

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Yes it i nearly normal that in obese during or after an effort to have nasal congestion.

Obesity is another cause for reflux which aggravates the situation even under the treatment .

So try to lose some weight and do the correct treatment and you will feel better for sure.

Dr.Jolanda