• question-icon

Suggest treatment for chronic bronchitis and lethargy

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: hx. of diabetes, no thyroid, chronic broncitis,HTN. lost husband 3 mos. ago. just started on c-pap. very lethargic, feel weak, excessive sleeping. taking venlafaxine for depression, but above sx. persist
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Management of depression associated with grief

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HCM

The symptoms you are experiencing is because you are going through the grieving process and I am really sorry for your loss. The symptoms associated with grief can last up to a year.
Venlafaxine will take 6-8 weeks to start acting and show improvement. I would also recommend going to Psychotherapy and support group along with taking Venlafaxine.
If you do not notice any improvement in symptoms 8 weeks after starting Venlafaxine, please be advised to follow up with your treating physician to increase the dose of venlafaxine or switching to another medication.
I would also recommend undergoing a sleep study with CPAP to see if the settings are adequate. Sometimes increase in pressure is required. Underlying sleep apnoea can also contribute to tiredness and excessive sleepiness.

Please note that you have accidentally uploaded tax return paper in the report section. Kindly remove it for privacy and security reasons.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal