Suggest treatment for chronic back pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Pain Management
Question: How do I get Pain meds without begging a Doctor Have been without For over 18 months Am 84 and Chronic Back pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Local analgesic gel can help.

Detailed Answer:
Chronic back pain that you have can be due to disc disease with spondylitis. These are degenerative changes in the back related to age. The pain killers that are available without a prescription are tylenol aleve or motrin. in addition to pain killers you can do a hot compress and apply a local analgesic gel for relief. in case the pain persists then do consult your physician for oral muscle relaxants and further treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal