Suggest treatment for chronic back pain while on Methocarbamol

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: how can methocarbomal 500 mg help chronic lower back pain. stenosis
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a muscle relaxant helps to reduce any spasm in the muscles in the back

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is a muscle relaxant.

Muscle spasm can contribute to back pain so the use of a muscle relaxant would help to reduce the tension in the muscles.

Spasm can occur around any bones that are giving problems or as a result of restricted movements in certain directions.

This is the reason that a muscle relaxant can be used for back pain. It is usually combined with a pain killer in most cases.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
I didn't get an answer. Where do i find it? Pd 15$
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
HI

If anything else is unclear, can let me know