Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for chronic Hepatitis B

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3022 Questions
I am diagnosed with chronic Hepatitis B. I dont drink alcohol,viral load is above 1.7 million international units and HBeAg is negative. SGPT and SGOT are 91 and 52 can LIV52 HB of himalaya or some homeopathic medicine help me control or have to go for allopathy treatment only . Mail id YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You require Allopathic Treatment Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. You have got Anti HBc IgM Antibody negative that get positive in Acute Infection. Since it is negative there are high chances that you have Chronic Hepatitis B , if still you HBsAg is positive with high viral load. You may get confirmation by Anti HBc Antibody. Even if you don't get further tested, You require proper treatment. i would not recommend you to get homeopathic medicine for this purpose , as if not treated properly , your liver would get damaged leading to Chronic Liver Disease and it's complications. Even chances of getting hepatocellular carcinoma are there. You may take Liv 52 , it can help to strengthen your liver , but it will not cure your hepatitis b. You should get yourself treated by a gastroenetrologist properly. Get treated , Stay Safe. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for chronic Hepatitis B 22 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for your opinion. You are right Anti HBC IGM Antibody is negative i had that test done 10 days back. My concern with allopathy as shared by my gastroenterologist is side effects as he has proposed either interferon injection every week or very long term everyday pills. Since injections side effects are weird, my doc has advised for HBsAG geno type test to understand if injections will work in my case. So will seek an opinion from Homeopath. Hope they can control this virus... I have cut down on fats is their no natural way to generate Interferon in body?? Is medicine only way out....Will be glad to have your opinion on same. Thank you in anticipation
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Welcome Again. I am glad that you have consulted a gastroenterologist. He is right. But i am sorry to say there is no proven ayurvedic or homeopathic treatment available for this. You should go for genotyping followed by proper allopathic treatment. In fact , you should start treatment as soon as possible. I would also suggest you to get your partner tested for Hepatitis B , if you are sexually active. If she comes out to be negative , she should get her vaccinated for Hepatitis B. In fact , i would recommend all your family members to get vaccinated. I hope you will follow my advice. If you don't have any further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor