Suggest treatment for choroiditis

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi
My husband has been diagnosed with the eye desease known as choroiditis . Medicne advised - Omnachortil . I want to know , how did it happen ? What kind of medication is required ? it happend last year took steroids and it wasok . Now , again it has cropped up this year ? why so ? no permanent treatment is there ?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It requires investigations for definitivetreatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that your husband is diagnosed with choroiditis with similar history one year back and he is on treatment with steroids.

Choroiditis is inflammation of the posterior part of the uveal tract. The exact underlying cause for this condition is not known but it can occur following bacterial infections, viral infections, parasitic infections, autoimmune diseases, allergic diseases.....

The treatment of this condition is by steroids. The steroid drugs have to be tapered slowly depending on the severity of the condition.

The conditions in which the underlying cause can be identified can be treated by definitive treatment.

Hence the treatment your husband is on is in right direction. For permanent cure he needs to undergo laboratory and clinical investigations to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

The common investigations required are blood investigations like complete blood count, serological tests in case of infections...
Clinical investigations like B scan, ocular coherence tomography, fundus fluorescein angiography...

Hence I advice to continue the treatment with steroids as it is in right direction and for permanent cure the underlying cause needs to be identified by appropriate investigations.
If he has undergone any investigations please do send me the reports so that I can advice more accurately. If no investigations have been done till now I advice you to consult your eye doctor preferably a retina specialist for appropriate investigations.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad