Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

165 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for choroiditis

Answered by
Dr. Dadapeer K


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 5709 Questions

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi
My husband has been diagnosed with the eye desease known as choroiditis . Medicne advised - Omnachortil . I want to know , how did it happen ? What kind of medication is required ? it happend last year took steroids and it wasok . Now , again it has cropped up this year ? why so ? no permanent treatment is there ?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It requires investigations for definitivetreatment

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that your husband is diagnosed with choroiditis with similar history one year back and he is on treatment with steroids.

Choroiditis is inflammation of the posterior part of the uveal tract. The exact underlying cause for this condition is not known but it can occur following bacterial infections, viral infections, parasitic infections, autoimmune diseases, allergic diseases.....

The treatment of this condition is by steroids. The steroid drugs have to be tapered slowly depending on the severity of the condition.

The conditions in which the underlying cause can be identified can be treated by definitive treatment.

Hence the treatment your husband is on is in right direction. For permanent cure he needs to undergo laboratory and clinical investigations to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

The common investigations required are blood investigations like complete blood count, serological tests in case of infections...
Clinical investigations like B scan, ocular coherence tomography, fundus fluorescein angiography...

Hence I advice to continue the treatment with steroids as it is in right direction and for permanent cure the underlying cause needs to be identified by appropriate investigations.
If he has undergone any investigations please do send me the reports so that I can advice more accurately. If no investigations have been done till now I advice you to consult your eye doctor preferably a retina specialist for appropriate investigations.

Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Fluorescein angiography

doctor1 MD

I have a retina edema issue and my retinologist says it is caused by hypertension . My internist is treating my hypertension, and I am wondering if I should have a specialist consult as the retinologist says the edema is still there and a little...

doctor1 MD

Nine years ago an optometrist found a nevus on my left retina and two years ago it began leaking fluid. Edema invaded my macula causing wavy vision. Edema advanced (from nasal side—my point of view) and retreated a few times. I could easily see...

doctor1 MD

FUNDUS FLUORESCEIN ANGIOGRAM: RE: Normal arm to retinal circulation time. There are two dots of hyperfluorescence within the macula, appareling in the very early phase and not increasing in size and intensity in the late phases suggestive of RPE window defects. the FAZ is distorted.

doctor1 MD

sir, i am girish battabyal.age-24 i have been suffering from reduction of vision in both eyes in 1998. i has been use spectacles for 1 year. last year i visit L V Prasad Eye Instittute in bhubanswar. under follows there report. on examination here his best correct visual acuity was 6/43P (-0.75 Dsph/-0.50 Dcyl @ 180 degree) in right eye and 6/48P (-1.00 Dsph) in left eye. Intraocular pressure was 15 mmHg in both eyes. fundus examination shows areas of retinal pigment epithelial mottling and retinal flecks in either eyes or retinal pigment epithelial atrophy at fovea. cup disc ratio was 0.3:1 in both eyes. fundus fluorescein angiography showed silent choroid in addition to areas of transmission defect. Based on the clinical findings a diagnosis of stargardt s disease in both eyes was made. unfortunately we don t have any treatment for the desease at present. Poor visual prognosis was explained to him. we advise him low vision aids trial. he had undergone low vision aids trial on 21-12-2009.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I was in a car crash which rolled multiple times just over 2 months ago. At the time i had severe bleeding, which covered all of the whites of my eyes. I have been diagnosed with commotio retinae to the right eye. The blurring is quite central...

doctor1 MD

On Nov/06 I had the following procedure performed: Phacoemulsification with posterior chamber intraocular lens , par plana vitrectomy , membrane peel, endolaser, air-fluid exchange, intravitreal Kenalog right eye. Today in a follow-up visit the doctor mentioned when examining my eye that there are 3 cysts and a bit of swalling -- he did not put a lot of enphasis on this and gave me some drops to use 4 times a day. My next appointment is in a month, but now after reading some information on the internet I am confused because cysts in the eye appear to be serious. Do I have reasons to be alarmed? Should I call my retina doctor and ask him to see him sooner than a month? What do you advise? Thanks, ELP

doctor1 MD

hi, my brother in law have this so called VKH and he is taking Medrol 8ml, exopred eyedrops at dolo-neurobion.. he starts medrol in 24 then 16 and now 8ml.. but he's face is getting bigger and we want to reduce it but how?and he's left eye cannot see anything anymore.. now, the other eye is having blurred vision and and he can only see us in black n white.. please help him..