Suggest treatment for choroidal neovascular membrane in eye

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 5 Jan 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: good morning dr i am 42 age having cnvm in my right eye i had 3 lucentis & 5 avastin inj no inprovment in my vision
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
In cases involving the macula vision may not improve.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having choroidal neovascular membrane in right eye and you have taken treatment with intravitreal injections of lucentis and avastin.
These injections are one of the recent and most effective treatment options available to treat the CNVM.
The improvement in vision will occur in many cases following these injections. But in long standing cases and in cases with involvement of the macula as in your case as it is appearing from the reports the improvement in vision may not occur. But this will prevent the further deterioration of vision.
Hence to answer your question more accurately I require more information as below.
Whats was the probable diagnosis for CNVM?
Do you have diabetes or any other systemic problems?
Do you any ocular problems like myopia?
What was the vision in the affected eye?

Do write back to me with answers so that I can answer your question more accurately.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards