Suggest treatment for chlamydia

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sun, 12 Mar 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Is it possible to have contracted Chlymidia a year ago and just now start to exhibit outward symptoms?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is possible for Chlamydia remain symptom-free for a longer period.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Most of the Sexually transmitted infection remain asymptomatic in women due to their anatomy of reproductive tract. Most of the parts are not visible outside and in chlamydia scanty cervical discharge tends to collect inside the potential vaginal space and not visible outside unless it is associated with some other discharge producing conditions like Gonorrhea or Trichomoniasis or bacterial vaginosis etc. Only by speculum examination and investigation we can detect the presence of infection. When it is going for complications (if not treated earlier) symptoms become obvious.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 20 minutes later
Is it possible for a man to begin to show symptoms (red swollen testicles and Mild rash on legs) a year after exposure to Clymidia if not treated?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Painful scrotal swelling as a complication with chlamydia is not uncommon.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
It is quite common to have Epididymitis (Scrotal swelling and pain) in men as a complication of Genital Chlamydial infection if not treated or inadequately treated even after a year or more. Rashes over legs with Chlamydial infection is unusual.
Dr S.Murugan