Suggest treatment for child nephrotic syndrome
Treatment depends on the cause.
Thanks for the query.
Children with neprotic syndrome are treated based on the cause, also it would take some time to decrease swelling.
A kidney biopsy to find the cause can be done.
But nephrotic syndrome can relapse anytime.
Monitor urine protien.
Furosemide (1 mg/kg/d) and spironolactone (2 mg/kg/d) will help to reduce swelling when fluid retention is severe.
Adequate energy (caloric) intake and adequate protein (1-2 g/kg/d) and no added salt will help to limit fluid overload.
If a child does not respond to steroids, another medicine called levamisole will be used alongside the steroids.
Other medicines that i will suggest if the symptoms do not respond to steroids and levamisole include cyclophosphamide, ciclosporin, tacrolimus and mycophenolate mofetil (after consulting the treating doctor).
Hope i help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for childhood nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for old, nephrotic syndrome
- Is nephrotic syndrome in child curable
- Treatment and cure for sensitive nephrotic syndrome
- Ayurvedic treatment for nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for resistant nephrotic syndrome
- Nephrotic syndrome treatment
- Treatment and cure for nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for dependent nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for asplenia, nephrotic syndrome