Suggest treatment for chicken pox
Oral antivirals + paracetamol for fever+ topical calamine lotion
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query and I have understood your concern.
Treatment for chicken pox Or Varicella is with an Oral antiviral e.g acyclovir Or valacyclovir for a week, specially in adults. As compared to children, adults usually have a higher risk of systemic complications like hepatitis, pneumonitis, encephalitis and therefore should always be started on antivirals.
Topically you may continue with a soothing lotion e.g calamine lotion.
A tablet of paracetamol can be taken for fever, whenever required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chicken pox black spots on forehead and face treatment
- Treatments for pits on face left by chicken pox
- Treatment and cure for chicken pox
- Chicken pox treatment itching
- Suggest treatment for chicken pox
- Treatment and cure for chicken pox infection
- Natural treatment for chicken pox
- Having chicken pox sore lips and throat treatment
- Suggest treatment for nausea when suffering from chicken pox
- Dark spot treatment after chicken pox
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body