Suggest treatment for chest pain

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i feel pains inside my heart sometimes it always goes on and off
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
different possible causes of chest pain

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Chest pain can be related to any structure in the chest from the skin inwards.

Skin- this is more common in older persons and is related to shingles infection. This is not likely at your age

Muscles and bones- pain can come from either of these due to inflammation or injury.
If the pain is worse on certain movements or there is tenderness when you press your chest then it is likely muscle or bone.
Using an anti inflammatory pain killer such as ibuprofen or naproxen would help

Heart- this is not common at your age unless you have a history of heart disease though it can rarely occur
Would normally cause a tight or heavy pain in the central chest that occurs with activity, decreases with rest.
If this is concern for you, you need to be checked by your doctor who can do an ECG to check your heart.

Lungs- issues with the lungs can also cause chest pain as well eg pleuritis, pneumonia, pneumothorax, asthma

Anxiety- this is considered only if problems with any of the above are ruled out.

To find out the cause of your pain, you may need to see your doctor.

He or she can take your history, examine you and may consider testing (such as the ECG), if needed.

The treatment would depend on the cause found
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions